equivant Presents: AI and Human Decision Making
The Northpointe Suite • An equivant product
Artificial intelligence is everywhere: our phones, our cars, even our doctor’s offices. But does it belong in criminal justice? Hear from Dr. Tim Brennan, Northpointe co-founder and expert criminologist, with a quick refresher on the decision making process and how AI is already revolutionizing evidence-based practice and improving outcomes.
- Evidence-based practice in criminal justice and how the responsivity principle drives better outcomes for individuals in the system
- The human decision making process and how it can be enhanced with the right tools
- How predictive analytics and AI are already working to improve outcomes nationwide
Stay tuned to The Justice Corner for more helpful tools and insights to advance justice in your community.
Exclusively for Professional Development:
The Justice Corner video and podcast series is developed not only for justice professionals looking to learn more, but also for teams who are advancing their practice together. After watching this episode with your team, use the following discussion-starters to address the growing role of AI in criminal justice:
- When you first heard the topic of this session was going to be AI in criminal justice, what was your first reaction? Why? Did your perspective change as you watched the video? If so, how?
- In what ways are we currently using AI or predictive analytics in our work? In what ways could we or should we be doing more?
- What resonated with you most in this video? What’s the most impactful change you personally or our agency as a whole could make to improve outcomes?
Make note of your team’s AI dream list, and then talk to us! We’re making technological advances every day, and your key difference-maker might be our latest project. So let’s talk.