JWorks for Courts • An equivant product
The build vs. buy debate for court case management technology is coming to an end, and the court component model (CCM) is taking hold as an innovative, practical, future-focused alternative.
In the CCM, a network of components work together to power the business of your court, and each component accomplishes a specific function. This gives courts the flexibility to mix and match components based on their needs and easily swap them out as needs evolve.
To future-proof, courts need a strong foundational case management system that will fully meet their needs now and be component-ready for the future.
Here’s what to look for in a future-ready case management system:
- Open data standards. This is absolutely essential. If the components you adopt later on are going to be able to “talk” to each other and the rest of your system, then all pieces need to be using the integration standards defined by the industry.
- Flexible configuration. You want your system to be component-ready, but you also need it to be fully functioning right now. Choose a case management system that can be configured to support your existing processes with minimal effort.
- Tools you love. Most courts aren’t ready to buy all new components for all functions at the same time. So, make sure you choose a foundational system that already has some powerful tools like a robust search function, multi-view calendars, personalized screens, and more.
- Phone and tablet friendly. Your team is increasingly looking for on-the-go solutions, and components are just as mobile as your team. Make sure your system is ready to function on any device so the user experience is seamless once you start adding components.
- Decision support tools. Your evidence-based practice relies heavily on getting the right data and decision support in front of the right people at the right time. Don’t sacrifice the essentials! Make sure your system can integrate assessment tools as seamlessly as it integrates other components.
Want to learn more about future-proofing your CMS? Call us anytime. We can help talk through your options and get your systems ready for what’s next.