The Supreme Court of Ohio has opened the application period to solicit requests for funding supported by the Civil Justice Program Fund. The Civil Justice Program Fund is intended to assist with the advancement of innovative programs or services designed to provide civil legal assistance or improve access to assistance in areas such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Accessing basic necessities through assistance programs, including government benefits, disaster services, housing, and healthcare;
- Ensuring safety and stability, including individual safety, keeping children and youth in school, and related family law needs;
- Supporting economic security;
- Supporting direct services, such as legal representation in civil court proceedings and providing legal advice to help identify legal issues and possible solutions;
- Identifying and addressing systemic issues;
- Providing services statewide or to a specific city, county, or region, provided it is part of a broader collaborative effort that works toward statewide services;
- Providing self-help resources and community education.
Applicants must be a non-profit organization or a public entity or agency whose purpose is to provide direct services or access to civil legal services. Applications will be received until 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 4, 2017.
Click here to view the grant notice.